I love my spring wreath! It was easy to make and much cheaper than buying one.
I found lots of different grapevine wreaths on Pinterest, so I can't point to one in particular that was my inspiration. These were my materials:
- 2 branches of silk flowers from Dollar Tree
- 1 bunch of fake grass from Dollar Tree
- 1 grapevine wreath from Walmart - I can't actually remember how much it was, but I was surprised at how cheap it was because it's huge! I am pretty sure it was under $5
- 1 bird's nest from Dollar Tree
- 1 bird accessory from Walmart (it was right next to the wreath, in the floral aisle)
- There's a spool of ribbon, but I ended up not using it. It's also from Dollar Tree.
The Dollar tree had several packages of the cute little bird nests, but every one of them had at least two of the eggs sunk in, probably during packaging and transport. In a stroke of brilliance, I stuck a long needle through the end of each one and popped the plastic back out from the inside. There was even a little hole in the seam of each egg already, so it wasn't at all hard to do.
The flowers were easy to attach - I just stuck the stems into the wreath. I didn't secure them with anything because they're wedged in pretty tight.
The flower branches will stick straight out unless you tie them somehow. Floral tape would probably be best, and hot glue would probably work to, but I have a ton of thin wire that I use for just about every project so I can get rid of it. So I wired the flowers to the wreath.
Finally, I attached the bird - it actually came with a little clip, but that wasn't very secure and it fell off, and then the clip broke off anyway and I had to tape it on. Hot glue would probably be best for the bird.
I love the way my wreath turned out!